April 10: Thank You Volunteers
The heart and soul of Banner Good Sam is its people. They are what makes this place full of Possibilities. So what better example of contributions than our volunteers who do the little things every day that make difference in our patients' lives.
Kriss Proctor, director of Volunteer Services, does an amazing job below describing the incredible impact each of our volunteers makes on a daily basis.
I’d like to personally thank each of our volunteers for making things Possible at Good Sam ... we can’t take this journey without you.
Steve Narang, MD, is the chief executive officer at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Thank a Volunteer!
By Kriss Proctor, director of Volunteer Services
As you know from Peter Fine’s email at the beginning of the week, this is National Volunteer Week. While we are celebrating the volunteers who serve thousands of organizations across the country and throughout Banner, I thought I would give you all a glimpse into the impact our volunteers have made here at Banner Good Samaritan in just the first couple months of this year.
In just January and February of this year our Banner Good Sam volunteers have:
- Handled hundreds of unidentified lost belongings and sent letters to 246 patients and/or families with identifiable lost belongings
- Made 485 deliveries for our Pharmacy
- Answered 328 call lights
- Made more than 200 courier trips for staff in patient care areas
- Rounded on 541 patients at high risk for falls
- Helped transport 435 patients for our Emergency department
- Stocked 817 rooms in the Emergency department
- Assisted 2,444 people at the Information Desk
- Escorted 602 people from the Information Desk to their destinations
- Gathered and sanitized wheelchairs 199 times in the lobby
- Dog Therapy volunteers visited
-1,046 Staff Members
And they helped with 74 patients in Animal Assisted Therapy
- And there is a great deal more that these incredible people do here every day! They give thousands of hours to make a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and our staff!
Please take the time to thank any volunteer you see this week!