Banner Family Pharmacy offers a wide range of over-the-counter medicines at a reasonable cost.
Over-the-counter medicines (also called nonprescription medicines) offer relief from headache or arthritis pain, coughs and colds, flu, and upset stomach.
Banner Family Pharmacy wants to remind our patients that over-the-counter medications are powerful medicines. In fact, many of the over-the-counter medicines that you can buy today were once available by prescription only.
Here's how you can use over-the-counter medications wisely?
- Read everything: Carefully read the package and label of all over-the-counter medications.
- Use our form: Make sure your doctor and pharmacist has a list of all the prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products you take every day and those you use once in a while.
- Consolidate: Consider using one pharmacy for all of your prescription and over-the-counter medicines.
- Consult: Ask your doctor or pharmacist to help you choose over-the-counter medicines that are right for you.
- Let people know: Report any side effects or problems that you have after taking a prescription or over-the-counter medicine, vitamin, or herbal product to your doctor or pharmacist.
- No mixing: Do not combine prescription and over-the-counter medicines unless told to do so by your doctor or pharmacist.
- No sharing: Do not take any medicines that were prescribed for another person.