The Radiation Oncology department at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center offers a diverse range of treatments for cancers and some non-malignant conditions.
Many cancer patients receive radiation therapy during the course of their therapy. Radiation may be the only method of treatment or it could be in combination with surgery and/or chemotherapy. Our therapy treatments often involve precise external beam high energy radiation delivered from linear accelerators, which include specialized techniques such as:
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Fractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (FSRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
We also provide several other methods of radiation delivery when appropriate:
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
- Permanent Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy (LDR)
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Total Skin Electron Therapy (TBE)
For treatment planning we use specialized computer systems that can reconstruct diagnostic images in 3-D. Our highly trained staff of physicists and dosimetrists designs treatments plans for the physician’s approval. We may use Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Computerized Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Our external beam irradiation can treat:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Gynecological cancers
- Brain tumors
- Colon cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Skin cancer
- Prostate cancer
Lauren D. Stegman, MD, PhD
John J. Kresl, MD, PhD
Kurt Wharton, MD, DABR
Sandra Zaky, MD, DABR
Anderson A. Bauer, DABR
We provide more than technology however, Our experienced and compassionate staff is dedicated to provide expert care for you every step of the way:
- Free valet parking from the West Tower entrance off of 10th Street
- Registered dietitian if you have nutritional needs.
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator to assist patients with transportation, lodging, grants, and wigs to name just a few of the many services offered.
- Music and Pet therapy are available to our patients as well as a variety of support groups.