The experts at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center's Gastroenterology department are nationally recognized for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver.
Among our program's features:
- An active and innovative liver transplant program. It is the fifth oldest liver transplant program in the U.S.
- A large regional liver referral practice that receives more than 200 consultation requests monthly.
- Multiple liver disease satellite clinics throughout Arizona.
- Extensive expertise in liver cancer . We have nation's second largest Ytrrium-90 (Y-90) therapy program in the U.S. for treating liver cancer.
- Nationally recognition for surgical treatment of liver cancer, pancreatic cancer and bile duct cancer
- Experience in advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures, especially biliary
- Well-established Fellowship Training Program in Gastroenterology that draws applicants from around the U.S. and produces successful graduates who practice in Arizona and throughout the nation.