Heart Care Research at the Cavanagh Heart Center
Cavanagh Heart Center offers a number of cardiac trials for our patients.
To learn more about heart care research at Cavanagh Heart Center, please call our research nurses at (602) 839-5674.
Clinician's Corner - Read more about ongoing research and scholarly activities at Banner Good Samaritan
Heart care and vascular research at Cavanagh Heart Center has made a positive difference in patients’ lives:
- A minimally invasive option for patients who are at high risk to undergo surgery for severe carotid artery disease.
- Heart valve treatments that use a percutaneous (needle puncture) approach to deliver investigational device implants: one type for patients with severe mitral regurgitation and another for patients with severe aortic stenosis that are considered high-risk to undergo surgery or considered inoperable.
- An implantable device that monitors the heart and alerts the patient when a heart attack may be eminent even when no symptoms exist.
- The cryoballoon ablation system, a method that uses as little as one freeze to block the electrical pathways responsible for atrial fibrillation.
- An endovascular stent to treat patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms with severe bends or angles.
- Continuous trials involving new technologies to treat blockages in both the cardiac (coronary) vessels and vessels in the periphery.
For More Information
|What is your risk for heart disease?|
|How your heart works|
|What is your healthy weight?|