Pre-Surgical Assessment Clinic
The Pre-Surgical Assessment Clinic at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center allows a hospitalist to work with the surgeon and primary-care physician for the best interests of the patients. For example, we diagnose and treat patients with anemia so they will have better outcomes after their surgery.
- Research proves patients recover faster when cared for by a hospitalist, a physician whose primary focus is the medical care of hospitalized patients.
- A hospitalist has significant experience in understanding patient's medical needs and is readily available throughout their hospital stay 24 hours a day.
For more information or to arrange an appointment with a hospitalist, please phone (602) 839-6126, fax (602) 839-3360, or e-mail us.
Pre-Surgical Assessment Clinic helps surgical patients by:
- Calling you to schedule a private consultation with your hospitalist four to five weeks before surgery.
- Coordinating tests, treatments and instructions that will prepare you for surgery.
- Providing timely reports to your surgeon and primary-care physician during your hospital stay and upon discharge