The Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center Injury Prevention program provides assistance throughout Arizona to help keep people safe.
Among our services:
- Coordinating and participating in hospital, community and state safety events;
- Planning injury-prevention activities; and
- Providing prevention education to patients, as well as hospital and community groups.
We travel throughout metro Phoenix and Arizona to provide information at health fairs, seat belt education programs, fall prevention workshops and programs for high school and elementary-school kids.
- Fall Prevention: More than one-third of adults 65 and older fall each year in the United States and among older adults, falls are the leading cause of injury deaths. Banner Good Samaritan's Injury Prevention program staff can provide free in-home checklists, resource lists and workshops to help prevent falls. In addition to those services, the Injury Prevention program participates on the Arizona Fall Prevention Coalition and Friends of Fall Prevention.
- Brain Injury Referral: Every 23 seconds, someone in the United States sustains a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Each year, TBIs contribute to a substantial number of deaths and cases of permanent disability. Banner Good Samaritan leads and participates in workshops to prevent brain injury. Upon discharge, patients at Banner Good Samaritan are provided with a referral to Brain Injury Association of Arizona for resources to help them in their recovery.
Please email us for more information about our programs and how we can help.