The Banner Good Samaritan outpatient Ostomy Clinic provides comprehensive enterostomal therapy services for patients with wound, ostomy and continence issues. Our holistic approach to care meets each patient’s physical, emotional, social and psychological needs.
We collaborate with referring physicians to help ensure the most positive outcomes for the patients we treat. The goal of our outpatient clinic is to promote the best quality of life.
Banner Good Samaritan's outpatient Ostomy Clinic offers expertise, education and support. We provide a full range of services for patients with a stoma (colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy), as well as fistula management.
- Provide ostomy education and answers to questions such as surgical procedures, living with a stoma, diet, education, activities and concerns such as returning to work.
- Familiarize patients and their families with various types of ostomy appliances and supplies that are available.
- Decrease patient anxiety level regarding upcoming surgery.
- Stoma site marking:
- Prior to surgery, an assessment of the abdomen is performed to determine the best location for stoma placement. This will help decrease possible issues with pouching and skin complications that sometime happen after surgery.
Post-operative Services: Education on stoma management
- Offer instruction on stoma care.
- Provide assistance with pouching system failures, such as leaks, refitting the pouching system to provide proper seal and optimum comfort.
- Assist patients with skin breakdown, infection, ulcers and/or rashes around the stoma.
- Ensure the patient is coping with lifestyle changes and help to alleviate anxieties associated with the ostomy.
How to Contact Us/Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment at the outpatient Ostomy Clinic, please have your Primary Care Physician fax a prescription that states “Ostomy Evaluation and Treatment” to (480) 684-7501.
If needed, we can help with obtaining authorization from your insurance company.
Once paperwork is received, our central scheduling staff will call you to set up an appointment. If you do not receive a call from our central scheduling department within 24 hours of speaking to your doctor’s office about the referral, please call (480) 684-7500 and select option 5 for assistance.