When to call us ...
Banner Good Samaritan Poison and
If you are in Arizona and have an out-of-state cell phone call (602) 253-3334 to reach the local poison center
This is a free service. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Call us if:
- You think someone has been poisoned and needs help
- Someone has gotten into something that might harm them and you want to find out if it is poisonous or not
- You have a question about any type of poison
- You want information on poison prevention
- You have a question about your medication
The Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center has specially trained staff to answer the phones and give you immediate expert advice.
If you think someone has been poisoned:
Call the Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center at 1-800-222-1222 right away
Do not wait for signs/symptoms to appear
Have the exact name of the product (bring the jar or bottle with you to the phone)
- Know the time that the poisoning took place - how long ago
Know the age and weight of the person
Tell the nurse if the person has any other health problems
Tell the nurse if you have already tried any home treatments
Listen carefully to the staff and follow instructions exactly
Ask questions if you are not clear what you should do
We can help you decide the best way to take care of the poisoning. In 75% of poisonings the person can be taken care of at home without going to the emergency department or hospital.