Banner Heart Hospital has provided a decade of excellent cardiac service in the East Valley.
Much has changed since the hospital opened in November 2000. There have been five expansions, two name changes, and many new faces. But one thing has remained constant: the hospital’s commitment to providing exceptional patient care.
Here are a few major milestones from the last 10 years:
This stent is coated with the drug Sirolimus and works to prevent the reclogging of a treated coronary artery.
- Banner Baywood Heart Hospital changes its name to Banner Heart Hospital.
- Banner Heart Hospital is named a Top 100 hospital for heart care for the second consecutive year.
- Banner Heart Hospital becomes the first in the state of Arizona to launch a Cardiac Alert Program.
- Banner Heart is named a Top 100 hospital for the third year in a row by Thomson-Reuters.
- In partnership with Banner Baywood Medical Center, the hospital begins therapeutic hypothermia treatment to prolong the lives of those who experience heart attacks outside of the hospital.
- Banner Heart Hospital breaks ground on its $35 million dollar third-floor expansion project.
- Banner Heart Hospital becomes an Accredited Heart Failure Institute.
- The hospital launches the Women’s Heart Center.
- Laura Robertson becomes CEO of Banner Heart Hospital, replacing John Harrington, who becomes CEO of Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center.
- Banner Heart Hospital opens its third floor expansion project, which includes new electrophysiology labs, state-of-the-art technology, recovery areas, outpatient treatment rooms, and the state's first hybrid operating room.
- Banner Heart acquires the Hansen Sensei X Robotic Catheter Ablation system.
- The hospital launches its Heart Rhythm Center and Pulmonary Hypertension Program.
- Banner Health is named a Top 10 health system in the country by Thomson-Reuters.
- Banner Health announces that Laura Robertson will move to Banner Baywood Medical Center as CEO on Jan. 1, 2011. Debbie Flores, from Banner Boswell Medical Center, will take over as Banner Heart CEO.
- Banner Heart Hospital celebrates a decade of exceptional cardiac care in Arizona and looks forward to the future.