There’s a reason that Banner Heart Hospital is the only Accredited Heart Failure Institute in Arizona and one of the first in the nation. We are unmatched in our commitment to improving the lives of heart failure patients.
While heart failure is a chronic, lifelong condition, we work to prevent further damage, help manage your symptoms and, when possible, improve your heart's function. Treatment options will depend on the cause, severity and your overall health.
While heart failure is the number-one reason for hospital admissions for those over age 65, our unique approach reduces hospital length of stay, maximizes patient health and focuses on patient education so patients can recover at home and avoid return trips to the hospital.
Among the numerous benefits of Banner Heart Hospital’s Heart Failure Institute:
- A dedicated physician to help transition you from hospital to home or skilled nursing facility, making house calls when needed.
- Heart failure patient readmission rate dramatically lower than national average
- An eight-class series Living Well with Heart Failure that addresses all aspects of living with this chronic condition
- A unique program through A.T. Still University providing an in-home review of food and nutrition, meal planning, and shopping tips
- Detailed clinical discharge instructions provides personalized information on your specific medications and how they interact
- A clinic that provides one-on-one consultation with a clinical pharmacist to discuss all your medications, supplements, and any potential interactions.
Heart failure patients who come in through the Emergency department benefit from our Rapid Evaluation Unit. This special treatment area provides heart failure patients with timely observation and evaluation. We often help remove fluid build-up surrounding the heart, which helps prevent hospital admission, addresses symptoms and returns patients home quickly and safely.