Robotic Heart Surgery
Banner Heart Hospital has performed more than 200 robotic heart surgeries, making it one of the premier places in Arizona for robotic heart procedures.
Learn more about:
- Robotic surgical system
- Benefits of robotic surgery
- Am I a candidate for robotic surgery?
- How do I find additional information?
da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System
Banner Health uses the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System. Da Vinci, a well-known system, consists of an ergonomically designed surgeon’s console, a patient-side cart with four interactive robotic arms, a high-performance vision system and specially designed instruments. The surgeon's actions are translated into precise movements by the surgical robot.
The surgical system cannot be programmed, nor can it make decisions on its own. It requires that every surgical maneuver be performed with direct input from the surgeon.
Benefits of Robotic Heart Surgery
With robotic heart surgery, patients who once faced several weeks in recovery following surgery can be back on their feet within days.
Patients may experience:
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and return to normal daily activities
- Less scarring
How do I find additional information?