Clinical Dietitians can perform a number of services for patients. Nutritional assessments include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of diet for carbohydrate, fat, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Evaluation of weight using body mass index and ideal body weight for height.
- Diet education both verbal and written over phone or in home.
Patients who would benefit from a Clinical Dietitian include:
- Newly diagnosed diabetes
- Diabetes with need for further diet education
- Patients on tube feedings
- Patients on intravenous nutritional support
- Congestive heart failure
- Poor weight gain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- New ostomies
- Wound healing
- Renal problems
- Weight loss
- Food allergies
If interested in a comprehensive evaluation by a dietitian, inform your Banner Home Care case manager. They will get an order from your primary care physician for a nutrition evaluation and education.