Home Monitoring System
Banner Home Care offers Telehealth monitoring to patients with chronic diseases such as congestive heart failure and diabetes.
The Telehealth monitoring program is provided in addition to our skilled nursing services.
Our program has successfully reduced readmissions. Banner’s Telehealth hospital re-admissions 30 days after discharge for heart patients is 7 percent lower than the national average of 20 percent.
Home Telehealth system equipment:
- Blood pressure monitor device
- Digital scale
- Oxygen sensor and monitor
Home Training and Procedure
- The patients and caregivers are taught to take their vital signs every day.
- The monitor, which is also a computer, captures the data and sends the information to a secure website where Banner Home Care can daily monitor the patient’s information.
- The patient is asked a short series of questions that is also sent to the internet site.
- The patient learns about their medications and how to manage their diseases at home.
A Banner Home Care RN monitors and assesses the data and contacts the patient. If necessary, the patient's physician will be contacted, a home visit may be done or the patient may be told to go to the emergency room if their symptoms are severe.
Referral to Banner Home Care Telehealth monitoring system
- Physician order for skilled home health needs
- Call Banner Home Care (480) 657-1000
- During start of care the home care nurse will also evaluate for telehealth monitoring
- The physician will be contacted to write an other order for telehealth services
Once the RN has completed the amount of nursing visits that the physician has ordered, the patient will continue on the telehealth monitoring system.
A Banner Home Care RN contacts the patients no less than once per week to go over their data as well as follow up and reinforce the education that has been provided by the Home Care RN.
Some patients, based on their symptoms, will be contacted more frequently than weekly. Phone calls between the RN and the patient vary based on each individual situation.