Volunteering is vital to our community, our society and our nation. Much of what we take for granted, like hospitals, higher education and human services began with volunteers who saw a need and took action.
Besides satisfaction of helping others, young adults who volunteer also are able to gain insight into various career fields, and learn or improve new skills.
Requirements for the teen volunteer program:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 years of age (must be 15 at time application is submitted).
- Teen volunteers are required to be accompanied by their parents serving as volunteers, as well.
- Complete and return the application to the Volunteer Services department. (See return information below.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation (forms provided), from a teacher, counselor, advisor, group leader, religious leader or employer.
- Attend a two-hour orientation with one of your parents or legal guardian to learn about hospital policies and volunteer program requirements.
- Agree to complete health screening requirements: an annual TB skin test, current immunization records that should include MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) and chicken pox.
- Agree to serve one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of 100 hours.
Teen volunteers will be stationed at one of the hospitals’ main information desks or gift shops. Transfers to a different area can be requested after the 100 hour requirement is met.
Questions? Call Volunteer Services at (480) 394-4042.
Submit volunteer applications to:
Banner Ironwood Medical Center
37000 N. Gantzel Road
San Tan Valley, AZ 85140