Ask the Expert
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center believes a critical part of excellent patient care is education. We encourage patients to ask questions and learn more about their health.
Here are some topics covered by Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center experts.
- Breast implants and cancer risk Featruing Dr. Randall Craft, MD
- Can benign cysts become cancerous? Featuring Edgardo Rivera, MD
- What is inflammatory breast cancer and how it different from other breast cancers? Featuring Mary Cianfrocca, D.O.
- Inflammatory breast cancer Featuring Mary Cianfrocca, D.O.
- How can I reduce my risk of colon cancer? Featuring Tomislav Dragovich, MD
- Colon cancer screening Featuring Tomislav Dragovich, MD
- What are the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer? Featuring Dr. Diljeet Singh, MD
- How often should I get a Pap test to screen for cervical cancer? Featuring Matthew Schlumbrecht, MD
- What is a pregnancy-associated cancer? Featuring Matthew Schlumbrecht, MD
- What are the signs of melanoma to look for and what is the best way to prevent its occurrence? Featuring Jade Homsi, MD
- Why is skin cancer so common on the head and neck? Featuring Thomas Shellenberger, MD
- What are the new advances in the treatment of melanoma? Featuring Jade Homsi, MD
- Are higher SPF sunscreens worth it? Featuring Mark Gimbel, MD
- How can I tell if an existing mole is melanoma? Featuring Mark Gimbel, MD
- Tips for preventing skin cancer Featuring Mark Gimbel, MD
- Signs and symptoms of skin cancer Featuring Mark Gimbel, MD
- Is HPV associated with head and neck cancer? Featuring Thomas Shellenberger, MD
- What exactly is thyroid cancer and am I more at risk of developing it due to my family history? Featuring Thomas Shellenberger, MD
- My doctor told me I have a thyroid nodule. What are the chances that I have thyroid cancer? Featuring Christine Landry, MD
- Understanding thyroid cancer Featuring Christine Landry, MD
- What is integrative oncology and what role does it play in cancer treatment? Featuring Diljeet Singh, MD
Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
- What is cryoblation and how is it used to treat cancer? Featuring Andrew Price, MD
- Is minimally invasive surgery a better treatment option for cancer patients than open surgery? Featuring Diljeet Singh, MD
- What is the difference between palliative care and hospice? Featuring Kerry Tobias, DO
- What is radiation therapy and is it always needed? Featuring Emily Grade, MD
Benefits and uses of 3D tomosynthesis and breast MRI Featuring Vilert Loving, MD
Stem Cell Transplant
- In what situations might a cancer patient need a stem cell transplant? Featuring Gorgun Akpek, MD
- What is genetic counseling for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, and what are the benefits? Featuring April O'Connor
- How can I reduce my cancer risk? Featuring Judith Wolf, MD
- Reducing your risk of cancer Featuring Deljeet Singh, MD
Do you have a question you would like to ask one of our cancer experts? Email your question.