Power of Prevention
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center publishes a newsletter for area residents.
It's a way to learn more about the hospital news and activities, introduce staff members and volunteers, and share upcoming events.
Current Issue: June 2014
Stories in this issue include:
- Healthy choices for at-risk patients is foundation of Cancer Prevention Program
- ‘Miracle’ patient beats the odds: Overcomes Stage 3 melanoma, gains respect for sun
- Cancer prevention starts with what you eat: Foods that can help you avoid cancer are delicious, easy to find
- Wellness classes, support for cancer patients, survivors: No-cost community outreach focuses on physical and mental health
- Cox founder leaves legacy of public service, giving back
- Ask the Expert: How does exercise contribute to cancer prevention?
- Healthy recipes to promote cancer prevention: Spiced Lentils and Breakfast “Square-Meal” Squares
- Cancer prevention consultation opportunities
- Preventative steps to fight cancer: How routine screenings can lead to early detection, better outcomes
- Life changing treatment: Stem cell transplant gives new hope to lymphoma patient
- 28 days of cancer prevention
- Ask the Expert: The Qi to good health: Benefits of acupuncture
- Managing risk through testing, genetic counseling
- Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Undiagnosed Breast Clinic offers reassurance to patients
- The ties that bind: Genetics, family history and the predisposition of cancer
- Scaring off cancer with nutrition and exercise
- Ask the Expert: What are cruciferous vegetables and what makes them “super veggies?”
- Cancer Has Met Its Match Campaign Comes to a Close: Countless programs and services benefit from generosity of community
- Blessings in disguise: A father on the move finds hope at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Early detection, prevention key to skin cance patient's survival
- I know I need to wear sunscreen when outdoors, but what should I look for in a product?
- Get physical with cancer prevention
- Knowledge is power: Suspicion of cancer clinic gives patients hope, answers
- Eat fresh, lay off the fat
- Healthy Recipe: Barley Pilaf
- A CEO's giving spirit