Our Social Services Sustainability Program offers a comprehensive set of programs and services that address a number of issues affecting Sun City area seniors.
- Benefits CheckUp: Benefits CheckUp screenings assist seniors or disabled persons 55 or older in finding and enrolling in programs and services to sustain their quality of life.
- Personal Needs: Banner Olive Branch’s Personal Needs Program is a special program just for Sun City residents who are in crisis offering financial assistance. Funding is provided by Valley of the Sun United Way/Sun City Community Fund.
- Health Insurance: State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Benefits Assistance Program. These programs offer information, assistance and counseling on Social Security, Medicare and other insurance issues.
- Legal Assistance: Legal Assistance is offered pro-bono to area residents who can make scheduled appointments with an attorney at the center.
- Arizona Attorney General’s Satellite Office: Volunteers from the Arizona Attorney General’s office are available inside the Center to help seniors with consumer fraud issues, scams and identity theft concerns.
Question: How do I get started?
Answer: If you come to the center for lunch or other activities, you can make contact with an Ambassador volunteer or the Social Services Sustainability Program Coordinator.
Question: What is an Ambassador volunteer?
Answer: Ambassador volunteers are Banner Olive Branch’s first contact volunteers and they familiarize people with the Center's services and programs.
The Ambassador will have you fill out a client contact form, answer any questions you might have about the program and refer your request to the appropriate program(s) for follow-up.
Question: If I don’t come to the center, can I still participate in the Social Services Sustainability programs?
Answer: The answer is yes. Anyone interested in participating or learning more about Social Services programs can contact the center by calling (623) 974-6797, Ext. 204 and leave a message for the Social Services Coordinator.