Partners in Caring
Patients who have someone who offers love and support while they are in the hospital have a better healing experience. That's why we encourage patients to select a particular family member or friend to serve as a "Care Partner" during hospitalization.
The role of the Care Partner will largely be determined by the patient’s wishes, his or her needs, physical condition, and the comfort level of the Care Partner in performing the duties.
To thank those who participate in the Partner in Caring program, Care Partners receive a 20 percent discount in our Cafeteria. To receive the discount, the Care Partner needs to wear the Partner in Caring badge, provided in their welcome bag.
If a patient is interested in designating a Partner in Caring, please ask them to talk with their unit nurse or nursing assistant.
What can a Care Partner do?
- Provide comfort measures for the patient such as back rubs, foot rubs, manicures, and music or relaxation tapes
- Provide companionship and assist in maintaining the patient’s therapy and safety
- Keep family members and friends informed of patient’s progress as desired
- Help with personal care such as bathing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Assist with menu selection
- Accompany the patient to tests and treatments
- Read to the patient or write letters for the patient
- Help patient be more prepared for discharge from the hospital and assist patient with aftercare at home
- Stay overnight with the patient