Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is proud to offer West Valley children who require intensive care a special place for care.
Our pediatric intensive care unit specializes in the care of critically sick or injured infants, children and teenagers.
It differs provides intensive nursing care and continuous observation by specially trained pediatric staff who monitor heart rate, breathing, blood pressure and critical test results.
Our 17-bed unit has these features:
- therapeutic play room
- a toy closet stocked with new toys
- a private consultation room for families and physicians
- a multipurpose room with teleconferencing capabilities that allows physicians to consult with others
To help families stay with their children as much as possible, we also offer:
- in-room sleep sofas or chairs
- guest Wi-Fi
- a family lounge with nearby shower and toilet
- a washer and dryer.