You are going to meet a lot of different people at Banner Thunderbird’s Children’s Center. Here are just some of the people you’re likely to meet:
- Certified Child Life Specialists help ease the fear and anxiety associated with hospitalization by providing fun play opportunities and education at the child's level of understanding.
- Interpreters are available to help you communicate and understand the important information about your child’s treatment and condition.
- Medical imaging specialists are the people who use special technology to see inside to be able to diagnose illnesses. They use everything from X-rays, to CAT scans, MRIs, PET scans and more.
- Nurses at Banner Thunderbird are often nationally certified in pediatric nursing and have years of experience in providing care for children. They partner with other caregivers to provide children with research-based, gentle and age-specific care.
- Nutritionists are health professionals who advise people on dietary matters. They help children and parents make healthy choices for meals while at the Children’s Center.
- Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapists help to build and support your child’s fine motor, gross motor and speech skills.
- Pediatric Hospitalists care for children throughout their hospitalization while maintaining communication with the patient’s primary care pediatrician.
- Respiratory specialists help manage acute and chronic breathing disorders, often using respirators or medication in aerosol form.
- Social service professionals will help families navigate the complex issues that can surround a child’s illness. They understand the child’s usual environment, and the challenges the family faces.
- Spiritual Care professionals, such as chaplains, help support you spiritually and connect you to resources that are in line with your religious preferences.