Resources and Support
The following information can also be important to expectant/new mothers:
Banner Online Library: Banner Health offers an extensive medical library, with videos, animations and podcasts.
Ask the Expert: Banner Health experts answer your questions about pregnancy, labor and delivery.
Healthy Families Arizona supports families with young children by offering a variety of free and unique services including child development information, parenting education and home visits. Call (602) 266-5976, ext. 5150
Community Information and Referral Services has information about public service available in the Valley. The telephone line is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with well-informed and helpful representatives. Call (602) 263-8856.
Breastfeeding Support Services
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program offering advice and loaner breast pumps (602) 542-1886
- Banner Health's 230-CARE Physician Referral and Resource Line (602) 230-2273
- Maricopa County Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Hotline (800) 833-4642
- Phoenix area La Leche League (602) 234-1956
New Moms Postpartum Support Group
This New Support Group is a time of sharing and support. It is a place to discuss the challenges and rewards of motherhood, as well as a safe place to openly share postpartum concerns and issues. This group is led by experienced nurses/mothers. Monthly daytime meetings and follow-up appointments are also available.
- Cost: Free
- When: Every second and fourth Tuesday from 11 a.m. - 12::30 p.m.
- Where: Location varies in the hospital
- Call: Please call (602) 865-5908 for more information
Accidental Poisoning and Poison Prevention
Emotional Concerns and Support
- Banner Behavioral Appointment Line (602) 254-HELP (4357)
- Community Information Referral Services (602) 263-8856
- PPD-Postpartum Support International Arizona Warmline (888) 434-6667
- Maricopa County Crisis Line - 24 hour number (602) 222-9444
- National Women's Health Information Center (800) 994-9662
Financial Assistance Programs
- AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children). Call (602) 263-8856 to find the AFDC office closest to you.
- WIC is a nutritional program for pregnant women and mothers with very young children. Call the WIC Administration Office at (480) 966-3090 for the office nearest you.
- AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment Service) provides assistance with medical expenses. Call the Community Information Referral Line for the AHCCCS nearest to you at (602) 263-8856.
Finding a Doctor
- Representatives from Banner Health's 230-CARE Physician Referral and Resource Line can help you find an OB/GYN, family practice or pediatrician. Call (602) 230-2273, or if you live outside the Phoenix metro area, call (800) 230-2273.
Low-cost Child Safety Seats
- Maricopa County Medical Center (602) 344-5011
Parenting Education and Support
- Healthy Families Arizona (602) 266-5976
- Child and Family Resources (602) 234-3941
- East Valley Resource Center (480) 834-9424
- First Steps (for newborns to 3 months) (480) 969-2308
- Parenting Arizona (602) 248-0428
Smoking Cessation Programs
- Banner Health's 230-CARE line can help you find a smoking cessation program close to your home or work.
Support for parents who have suffered a miscarriage or infant loss
- RTS Bereavement 230-CARE Line, (602) 230-2273
|For More Information|
|Preparing for your baby|
|Quiz: Infant immunization|
|Use our due date calculator|