Water Safety Campaign
Since 2007, Banner Children's at Cardon Children's Medical Center has partnered with community agencies to bring you the Water Safety campaign. The now statewide campaign proides bags of water safety materials to communities throughout Arizona.
We are uniting to educate the community about drowning prevention to work toward a common goal: ZERO drownings in 2014. We are targeting 100,000 homes to distribute information about drowning prevention.
How you can help
- Check with your city contact below to find the events they are doing.
- Pick up bags from the agency and distribute by:
- Walking door-to-door
- Through schools and public education classes
- At April pool events
- At health fairs
- Through libraries
- At aquatic centers
- Visit the SRP Safety Connection website for more safety tips and to view the Water Safety and CPR video.
For more information, contact a fire department below or talk to Injury Prevention Coordinator Tracey Fejt at (480) 412-3306.
Participating fire departments and organizations near you:
- Apache Junction: Tina Gerola, (480) 982-4440
565 N. Idaho Road, Apache Junction, AZ 85119
- Avondale: Sue Pistoia, (623) 333-6112
- Casa Grande
- Chandler: Brad Miller, (480) 782-2136
- Florence: Bill Bruin, (520) 868-7609
- Gilbert: Jean Machnicki, (480) 503-6325, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glendale: Janet Boberg, email@example.com
- Goodyear: Tanja Tanner, (623) 882-7308, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Havasu City: Kathy Black, (928) 855-3609
- Maricopa: Brad Pitassi, (520) 251-3888
- Mesa: Michele Long, (480) 644-2294
- Peoria: Tim Eiden, (623) 773-7919
- Queen Creek: Ron Knight, email@example.com
- Safe Kids Pima County: (520) 324-2783, firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Tan Valley/Fountain Hills: Mark Cichocki, (480) 540-8802
- Scottsdale: Lori Schmidt (480) 312-1817
Lou Witzeman Public Safety Building, 8401 E. Indian School Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Southwest Ambulance, a Rural/Metro Company, and Rural/Metro Fire Department: John Ford, email@example.com, (480) 655-7223
- Sun City West: Hollie Sandeen, (623) 215-1058, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SWIMkids USA: Melissa Sutton, (480) 820-9109
- Tempe: Monique Bonfiglio, 480-858-7240
- Yuma Safekids: Ryan Butcher, (928) 317-4667, email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors and partners:
Ryan Thompson Foundation
Drowning Prevention Coalition of Arizona