Music therapy at Cardon Children's is all about using music to help patients and their families deal with what happens when kids get sick and have to be in the hospital.
The focus of the music is to work on goals, which can include:
- helping control pain
- giving kids a chance to express themselves
- helping their self-esteem, helping with communication
- lowering stress and anxiety
- helping distract them from things like needle pokes and medicines
- making it easier for them to be social, and helping to make the hospital a little more normal.
Goals are accomplished through music activities like:
Full Transcription is available upon request.
Music therapy is provided by a board-certified music therapist who has at least a Bachelor's degree in music therapy. For more information, email Angela Wibben, MM, MT-BC, or call (480) 412-8175.