Guide to Your Child's Hospital Stay
At Cardon Children's Medical Center, we know a children's hospital can be an unfamiliar place for children and families. Below you will find some tips on how to make the most of your stay.
Before you come to Cardon Children's:
- Pre-Register for your stay
- Attend our pre-op class and take a tour of the hospital
- Visit our KidZone: An interactive web experience for kids and parents with games and quizzes about what your stay in the hospital will be like.
- Read these tips from our Child Life Specialists on how to help your child feel more comfortable.
During your stay:
- Talk to your Child Life Specialist about visits to the play room, how to rent (for free!) a video game console, and any other special events happening in the hospital that day.
- Check out all of our patient amenities
- Ask your nurse about any support groups that you could join.
- Go over the instructions on how to order room service
- Consult our Food and Nutrition experts about any diet restrictions your child might have.
- Set up a CarePages site for your family
- If your child is going to be here for an extended stay, ask your nurse about the Banner Children's Hospital School at Cardon Children's Medical Center, an in-hospital school taught by certified teachers that can help your child stay current in his or her school studies.
Leaving the hospital: