Asthma and Pulmonology
Cardon Children's Medical Center is a comprehensive children's hospital that serves greater Phoenix, the state of Arizona and beyond.
At Cardon Children's Medical Center, we know how frequent and severe breathing problems affect a child's life. Our team of respiratory specialists, pulmonologists and educators are skilled to care for a variety of problems, including asthma and sleep disorders.
- Learn more about our asthma support group and the innovative ways we teach families about controlling their asthma in this Raising Arizona Kids video
- Download this asthma workbook (PDF).
- Evaluations for children who have symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, recurrent pneumonia, wheezing and chest pain.
- Asthma care and education
- Care for chronic lung disease due to premature birth
- Respiratory failure care
- Sleep Center to assess sleeping problems related to respiratory function
- Care for chronic and recurrent respiratory infections such as
bronchitis, bronchiolitis or pneumonia.
- Pulmonary function tests to measure how well your child breathes.
- Infant pulmonary function tests
- Flexible bronchoscopy
Contact our Asthma Educator:
- Kim Reiners, RN, BSN, CPN, AE-C
Ask the Cardon Children's experts:
- Children with Asthma and Sports: Kelvin Panesar, MD