Child Life Internship Application
If you are interested in applying for a Child Life Internship at Cardon Children's Medical Center, please mail in the following documents by the recommended deadline. All internship packets must be RECEIVED on or prior to the application deadline.
We currently follow the recommended internship application and offer dates followed by the Child Life Council:
|Internship Session||Application Deadline||Offer Deadline||Acceptance Deadline|
|Fall||May 5||June 22||June 28|
|Winter/Spring||Sept. 5||Oct. 22||Oct. 28|
|Summer||Jan. 5||Feb. 22||Feb. 28|
Please send completed packets to:
Cardon Children’s Medical Center
Courtney Kissel – 7th Floor
1400 S. Dobson Road
Mesa, AZ 85202
Internship application packets must include:
- Cardon Children's Child Life Application
- Common Child Life Internship Application
- Resume with cover letter
- Outline your academic and clinical experiences
- Three letters of recommendation
- Preferably from faculty supervisors, employers or advisors who have directly observed and can assess your work with children, parents and professionals.
- Official college transcripts
- Must include current college transcripts with cumulative GPA
- Copy of Completed Course Work Review from the Child Life Council
After the application deadline passes, all complete applications will be reviewed and screened by the Child Life Internship Committee. Within a week after the deadline, you will receive an e-mail confirming that we received your application. Applicants meeting or exceeding requirements may be contacted to schedule a phone or onsite interview. If not selected for an interview, you will be notified by a letter.
Selection of interns is highly competitive. The criteria below heavily influence our decision in the selection process.
They are as follows, in no particular order:
- High level of academic achievement
- College major and depth of core classes
- Strength of Letters of Recommendation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competence in knowledge of child development, child life theory and the hospitalized child
- Background in working with children in various settings
- 100-plus hours volunteering with hospitalized children
**Please note that at this time we only take independent child life students.