Cardon Children's Medical Center has a wide range of professionals and services to help your child if they are hospitalized for diabetes or complications of this condition.
Our specialists and nurses are trained to care for your child and to teach you the skills to manage your child’s diabetes.
We also have a team of health care providers who specialize in diabetes education.
If your child is admitted to Cardon Children's Medical Center, you will get help from:
- Endocrinologists: Physicians who specialize in diabetes care.
- Diabetes educators: Nurses specially trained to teach children and families about diabetes.
- Registered dietitians: Experts in diabetes nutrition.
- Social workers: Professionals who work with families to cope with diabetes.
- Case managers: Professionals who can answer questions about insurance or medical supplies.
- Child life specialists: Professionals who work with children to decrease anxiety about treatment and disease.