Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Cardon Children’s Medical Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive NICU in the greater Phoenix area and one of the largest in Arizona.
We are uniquely situated on the Banner Desert Medical Center campus, the East Valley's leader in high-risk obstetrics.
The purpose of a NICU is to provide specialized care for sick or premature infants. We have a Level III NICU to provide individualized care for premature infants and ventilator-dependent newborns.
At Cardon Children's NICU, we care for not only the baby, but the entire family. We embrace family-centered care and provide individualized care for all babies in the NICU.
- You can contact the NICU at (480) 412-5100.
- Our unit features 86 beds staffed 24 hours a day by a care team that includes:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Pediatric cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons
- Pediatric pulmonologists
- Pediatric neurologists
- Pediatric neurosurgeons
- Pediatric plastic surgeons
- Specialized pediatric surgeons
- We have a 24/7 visitation policy, which means you can spend an unlimited time with your baby
- Our unit includes 29 private rooms, including in-room beds, refrigerators and internet access.
- Families can visit our dedicated NICU Family Care Center, featuring kitchen, lounge and computers for family use