The job of neuropsychology is to provide a clearer picture of how well a child’s ability to learn, remember, act or process information might be affected by their medical or biological condition, and how much improvement might be expected over time.
Neuropsychological testing is often used to clarify a diagnosis, determine disability, assist with educational or clinical treatment planning, or direct rehabilitation efforts. The child is assessed using kid-friendly but highly specific, well-standardized tasks. The child’s ability to perform these tasks provides valuable information about localized and generalized brain function.
Our expertise includes:
- Seizure disorders
- Traumatic brain injury and concussion recovery
- Late effects of brain tumor, leukemia or central nervous system cancers
- Metabolic encephalopathy
- Congenital musculoskeletal disorders
- Genetic syndromes
- Pervasive developmental delays
Referrals may also include children who might have experienced one of the following:
- Motor vehicle/ATV accident
- Near drowning episode
- Cardiac arrest
- Infection of the brain or spine
- Toxic exposure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Brain tumor or other cancer
We offer both inpatient and outpatient consultations and sessions.