At Cardon Children's Medical Center, we know sports are an integral part of many children's lives. Most kids like to play hard, and with that can come injury. That's why our team of pediatric orthopedic specialists are trained at treating orthopedic complications and injuries that range from from complex musculoskeletal disorders to common problems like knee and shoulder injuries.
We provide diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation care for injured athletes of all ages and skill levels. Our on-site sports medicine physicians and complete rehabilitation programs for athletes offer injury prevention and performance enhancement training.
Our performance enhancement program is designed to keep kids from getting injured in the first place, and features:
- State-of-the-art motion analysis to review and improve skill
- Close cooperation with coaches from area middle and high schools on conditioning, injury prevention and injury treatment.
- Provision of expertise to local athletes to keep them on the field and in the game, free of injuries.
Orthopedic conditions treated at Cardon Children's:
- Sports injuries (pediatric, adolescent and adult)
- Arthroscopic treatment of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle injuries
- Hip arthroscopy for management of labral tears and femoracetabular impingement
- Pediatric trauma
- ACL reconstruction in children
- Meniscal repair
- Shoulder labral repair
- Rotation cuff repair
- Ankle instability reconstruction
- What to feed a child athlete: Mandi Turner