To make a referral, call
(480) 412-KIDZ (5439) and select Option 2,
or fax referrals to (480) 412-8264.
The Pediatric Rehabilitation Program at Cardon Children's Medical Center is staffed with experienced therapists who provide age-appropriate, skilled therapy services. Our certified hand therapist is also an experienced pediatric occupational therapist.
Unlike traditional hand therapy centers, Cardon Children‘s rehabilitation center is a child-friendly environment. From the cheerful decorations to the child-sized furniture, the clinic is designed to make our pediatric clients feel comfortable and welcome. Clients and their families are seen in private treatment rooms that decrease distractions and anxiety for our young clients and their parents.
Developmentally appropriate toys and games are available and used to facilitate treatment and obtain the best compliance and outcomes.
Hand Therapy Services
- Individualized Evaluations
- Custom splinting
- Wound care
- Edema control techniques
- Scar management techniques
- Modalities (ice, neuromuscular electrical stimulation, whirlpool)
- Sensory re-education
- Prosthetic training
- Range of motion and strengthening
- Fine motor coordination
- Functional activities of daily living
- Patient education and home program
Common Upper Extremity Diagnoses:
- Tendon injuries
- Congenital anomalies
- Nerve injuries
- Tendon transfers
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis