Diagnosing Voice Conditions
At Cardon Children’s Medical Center we offer laryngeal videoendoscopic stroboscopy, the gold-standard method of seeing vocal folds and upper airway.
This painless, minimally invasive procedure:
- Provides approximately 65 percent greater magnification than a flexible nasendoscope with halogen light source.
- Provides a simulated slow-motion view of the truevocal folds as they vibrate.
- Makes it easier to detect potentially malignant lesions that could be missed using laryngeal mirror or nasoendoscopy and halogen light.
- Allows for improved identification and differential diagnosis of lesions.
- Our exams are painless, require no anesthesia and
are reviewed with the patient and family members.
Patients are invited to bring a DVD and our pathologists can make a copy of the exam for you during your appointment.
Laryngeal Videostroboscopy and Voice Therapy Services
How do you schedule a stroboscopy?
- Your physician must submit a written prescription documenting the procedure (LVES-CPT-31579) and the diagnosis.
- The physician’s office may also need to obtain insurance authorization for patients.
- The prescription can be faxed to (480) 412-8264 to schedule the procedure.
- Our Cardon Children’s outpatient schedulers will
contact the patient to schedule an appointment