About Page Hospital  

History

 

In 2007, Page Hospital celebrated its 50th anniversary of providing excellent patient care to Northern Arizona residents. Here's a chronology of our history:

1958 - Page Hospital opens in September. Operated by Merritt-Chapman & Scott. Page Hospital
Dr. Lavon Gifford, Page's 1st dentist, practiced in hospital
Ivan Kazan, MD, pioneer physician in Page

1959 - J. Ballard Washburn, MD, arrived

1964 - Sisters of The Third Order of St. Francis operated the hospital

1975 - City of Page incorporated and given hospital by The Bureau of Reclamation
City of Page contracts with Lutheran Hospitals and Homes Society

1981 - City of Page contracts with Samaritan Health Service to operate hospital

1982 - Visiting Specialist services added
The Page Hospital District was created

1988 - New pharmacy and lab wing completed

1990 - Remodel of Emergency department Page Hospital
Began partnership with Classic Helicopter
First CT machine installed
Completion of new Radiology and Imaging departments
First mammography machine installed

1994 - Page Hospital becomes a Planetree Affiliate

1995 - Completion of new Surgery department
      
1998 - Mobile Magnetic Resonance Imaging services began

1999 - Samaritan Health System and Lutheran Health Systems became Banner Health
Completion of new Acute Care wing

New Entrance2003 - Page Hospital Medical Arts Center (PHMAC) purchased and remodeled
Rehabilitation Services relocated
Electronic conversion and information technology upgrades began

2008 - Completion of new hospital entrance, Emergency department and patient registration

2009 - Administration, employee dining room and Washburn Conference Room remodeled, digital mammography machine installed, permanent MRI machine installed and employee uniform program began

new sign2010 - Installation of new signs

Coming 2011 - eICU, Medical Imaging remodel.

Page Hospital
501 N. Navajo
P.O. Box 1447
Page, AZ 86040
(928) 645-2424
Follow Us:  
Twitter IconFacebook IconYouTube Icon
 
 
 
Jump to top links