Surgical Care at Page Hospital
The surgical care staff at Page Hospital uses a patient-centered care approach that includes communication and education for both the patient and family.
From the time the patient begins preparing for surgery through recovery, our team involves family members in care and treatment discussions to help ease any anxiety a patient may have.
Our Surgical Services
Common procedures provided locally by our surgeon, family practice physicians and visiting specialists include, but are not limited to:
- Open and laparoscopic gallbladder
- Open and laparoscopic appendix
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Breast biopsy, mastectomy, lump removal
- Placement of ear tubes
- Sinus surgery
- Abdominal, vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve release
- Cesarean birth (C-sections)
- Tubal Ligations
- Women's surgery
- General surgeries including hernia repair, hemorrhoid, bowel
- Minimally invasive procedures for joints (arthroscopy)
- Surgery for Stress Incontinence
- Surgically placed IV ports, central lines
- Rotator cuff and ACL repair
Our surgical-care departments include the pre-op holding unit, operating rooms, the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) and the sterile processing unit. Caregivers work with the surgeons, anesthesiologists and other health care professionals to provide the best surgical experience possible.
It is likely the patient will experience some discomfort following their surgical procedure. There are many methods available to keep pain levels to an acceptable level that will allow a patient to rest and heal. Please discuss these options with the surgeon and anesthesiologist and review our additional information on pain management.