Allied Health Credentialing
Thank you for your interest in applying for Allied Health Professional membership at Banner Lassen Medical Center. Our goal is to provide allied health professionals with an ideal environment to practice medicine that is efficient, effective, safe and healing.
Allied Health PA or NP Qualifications
- Successful completion of a formal accredited educational program for Physician Assistants or completion of a formal accredited educational program for Nurse Practitioner.
- Current certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or current certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC.)
- Current unrestricted California state license as a Physician Assistant or as a RNP- Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Current DEA registration certificate for prescribing authority (if applicable.)
- Evidence of adequate professional liability insurance secured either through the supervising physician or held by the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner.
- Current competence as verified through references.
- No physical or mental health problem preventing him or her from exercising the privileges granted.
- Employment by or an agreement with a physician(s) currently appointed to the medical staff of the hospital to supervise the Physician Assistant’s/Nurse Practitioner’s practice in the hospital.
- Be able to secure references from three individuals who have knowledge of applicant’s competency, character and qualifications.