Infusion Therapy Center
Patients of Banner Lassen’s Infusion Therapy Center have the convenience of receiving treatments on an outpatient basis, which gives them the flexibility to maintain family, work and social ties.
The Infusion Therapy Center serves patients referred by physicians in Susanville and outlying areas. The center is staffed by nurses experienced in intravenous care, central line, catheter, wound, and chemotherapy care. More than 1,900 patients visit the Infusion Therapy Center every year.
Hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Please call to schedule your appointment.
- Weekends by appointment only by calling (530) 252-2620.
Following is a list of treatment services available at the Infusion Therapy Center:
- Blood Transfusions and Platelet Transfusions
- Central line and catheter care
- Dressing changes
- Hydration and electrolyte replacement
- IV and injectable antibiotics
- Multiple sclerosis treatments
- Rheumatory arthritis treatments
- Wound care
- Urethral catheter changes and long-term maintenance
The Outpatient Infusion Therapy Center located at Banner Lassen Medical Center has been providing excellent patient care for specialty outpatient needs since August 1999. Outpatient treatment is more cost effective and less expensive than inpatient treatment, and it allows patients to avoid hospital stays.
We have a large library of reading materials and educational videos relating to cancer, treatment, and methods of dealing with specific side effects. In addition, registered nurses are available to answer questions and help direct patients and families to additional sources of information.