Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
East Morgan County Hospital's laboratory offers all lab testing with reference testing to Mayo Medical Laboratories (Mayo Clinic).
Under the direction of an anatomic and clinical board-certified pathologist, East Morgan County Hospital laboratory is CAP (College of American Pathologists) and Clinical Lab Improvement Amendments (CLIA) accredited. There are approximately seven laboratory employees consisting of medical technologists, medical technicians, phlebotomists and lab assistants.
Direct Access Testing
EMCH's laboratory offers Direct Access Testing. This allows individuals to order certain laboratory tests without a physician's order. Results can be received directly, either by mail or in person.
Laboratory services include, but are not limited to
- General Chemistry
- Chem. tests (including Glucose, Bun, Creatinine, Sodium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Potassium, Calcium, Total Protein, Albumin, Total & Direct Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase, AST, ALT, Iron, Iron Binding)
- Lipid Panels (including Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL)
- Glucose tolerance tests
- General Hematology
- CBC Complete Blood Count
- Sed rates
- Special Chemistry
- Thyroid – TSH, FT4
- Cardiac Markers
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Urine Drug Screens for drugs of abuse
- Pregnancy Tests
- Blood Bank
- Type and screen
- Transfusion services
- Therapeutic phlebotomy services
- Rapid Micro Tests
- Strep throat
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
For more information about our laboratory services, please call (970) 842-6257.