East Morgan County Hospital offers a vast assortment of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
From minor limitations and day-to-day activities to severe conditions affecting an individual’s ability to live and function independently, the Alonzo Petteys Rehabilitation Center cares for patients with all levels of rehabilitative needs.
In addition to and various exercise and fitness programs, the rehabilitation center also offers the following common rehabilitation therapies:
- Occupational Therapy works to improve a patient’s functional daily living skills including dressing, grooming and eating, as well as to improve motor, cognitive and social skills. Occupational therapists also specialize in increasing strength and movement of the hands and upper extremities. They help patients relearn functional tasks in different ways and instruct them in the use of adaptive equipment that may make daily tasks easier.
- Physical Therapy helps patients improve strength, flexibility and functional movement such as bed mobility, walking and balance. Physical therapists provide mobility evaluation and training, and can also instruct patients on the use of assistive devices, prosthetics and wheelchairs.
- Speech Therapy, also referred to as speech pathology, uses special techniques to help patients improve their verbal and non-verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities, concentration, memory and voice quality. Certified speech therapists/pathologists also can help patients improve their ability to safely eat and drink.
- Massage Therapy, helps integrate the mind, body, emotions and spirit through a calming and caring touch. Touch is the core ingredient of massage therapy that combines science and art. Practitioners learn specific techniques for massage and use their sense of touch to determine the right amount of pressure to apply to each person and locate areas of tension and other soft-tissue problems.
Other rehabilitation services available through the Rehabilitation Center include:
- Bio-Dex Gait and Balance System
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Warm Water Therapy
- Work Care Services
- Pre-placement Testing
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
For more information on rehabilitation services, please contact the Alonzo Petteys Rehabilitation Center at (970) 842-6239.