Don’t hesitate to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing chest pain. People often wait to call for medical assistance, which delays life-saving treatment.
The CardioVascular Institute of North Colorado works with area emergency services providers to offer a Cardiac Alert or STEMI service that allows patients experiencing a heart attack to get the quality care they need in the shortest time possible.
It is important to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pain, pressure, squeezing, fullness or heaviness
- Located in the center of the chest
- Lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Discomfort or pain felt in other areas of the upper body
- One or both arms, the upper back, between the shoulder blades, in the neck, or jaw
- May have a feeling of fullness in the stomach
- Shortness of breath; trouble breathing
- Can take place with or without chest discomfort
- Other symptoms
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, dizziness, unusual tiredness and/or pale skin
McKee Medical Center provides comprehensive diagnostic studies, including stress testing, echocardiography and calcium scoring CT. Call 970-635-4025 to find out more about these heart tests.