McKee volunteers serve in a variety of areas throughout the hospital. Here are a few examples:
- McKee Children's Center
- Emergency Department
- Front Desk
- Gift Shop
- Golf Cart Driver
- Guest Relations
- Healthy Beginnings
- Heart Watchers
- Wellspring Health and Resource Library
- Newborn Hearing Tests
- Party Program
- Pet Therapy Program
- Thrift Store
- Help with play activities such as group play, reading to one child or small group, rocking or holding infant or young child
- Help with meal and snack service
- Talk with children and parents as they arrive and depart
- Stock supplies in Emergency Department rooms
- Escort family members to other areas of the hospital as directed
- ED/Support Assistant
- May wheelchair transfer patients to different areas
- Assist nursing and physicians
- Assist patients and visitors at the front reception desk
- Assist with periodic clerical work
- Deliver flowers and newspapers to patients
- Volunteers at the front desk greet every person coming into the main hospital lobby
Our gift shop raises more than $50,000 a year and is a great place to volunteer. Proceeds from the gift shop benefit programs and equipment at McKee.Opportunities include:
- Clerical help
- Store volunteers
Golf Cart Driver
Volunteer Golf Cart Drivers offer guests rides to and from their cars. Drivers may also drive patients and families from different areas around our campus.The golf cart is a great way to help people that have mobility issues or just simply need a lift!
Through our guest relations program, volunteers maintain contact with patients and families of various departments.
- Provide directions
- Update wait times
- Transport patients by wheelchair
- Provide support to other areas
Volunteers commit to weekly visits/conversations with the mother-to-be for the length of her pregnancy, (or enrollment in program) and up to three months of birth. Volunteers can also provide support and companionship for the mother's partner.
Assist with exercise class for patients after heart attack. Assist with the class and help motivate participants.
Wellspring Health and Resource Library
Volunteers help inform and guide patrons in library use and research procedures (checking out and reshelving library material, photocopying, filing, cash transactions and answering the telephone) Various other clerical projects may be assigned.
If you enjoy singing or planning an instrument please come and share your talent with us! Music can be played at Stepping Stones, our adult day center or on our Transitional Care Unit.
Newborn Hearing Tests
Volunteers screen newborns for hearing loss prior to hospital discharge. Newborn Hearing Volunteers also provide parents with appropriate information for follow-up and developmental milestones.
PARTY (Prevent Alcohol and Risk Related Activities in Youth) is a nationally recognized program that teaches area teenagers the dangers of risky choices. During the class, students are taken on a tour, participant in learning stations; listen to presentations from our coroners, ambulance staff, nurses and survivors. Volunteers are crucial in the running of this important program.
Pet Therapy Program
Our pets and people visit patients and staff at the hospital and off site facilities.Pet must complete screening through a licensed pactioner.
McKee Thrift Avenue is located in downtown Loveland at 440 N. Cleveland Ave. We are known for being the Fifth Avenue of thrift. Our volunteers run and operate the store. The money raised from the store benefit projects and equipment for McKee. This is a fun place to volunteer and shop!