Diabetes Education & Support
North Colorado Medical Center provides education, support and resources for people living with and managing diabetes.
There is a fee for classes but it is often covered by insurance. Ask your physician to fax a referral and insurance authorization to (970) 378-4304. Call (970) 392-2344 for more information.
- Comprehensive Management Skills Group Classes
- Gestational Diabetes Classes
- Pre-diabetes Classes
- Individual Education Training
- Diabetes Support Groups
McKee Medical Center is an extension site of the NCMC/Banner Medical Group Outpatient Diabetes Program. Services provided at NCMC are also provided at McKee Medical Center.
Gestational Diabetes Classes
Classes offered weekly; $10 due at time of class. One-on-one appointments are available for education; these sessions are billable to insurance. Get more information.
If you or someone you know is at risk for or has been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, please join us for a three-part class series. These classes are lead by a registered dietitian from the Banner Health Diabetes Education Program.
In these classes you will learn:
- The difference between pre-diabetes and diabetes
- What you can do to prevent type 2 diabetes
- How to develop a lifelong plan to help keep your blood sugars in the normal range
- Cost is $30 for the three-class series
- No-charge for one support person per participant
- Classes are offered in Greeley and surrounding communities in Colorado
- Please call (970) 392-2344 for more information including dates, location, and to sign-up
Individual Education Training
Topics may include:
- Nutrition management
- Insulin self-adjustment management
- Pattern management
- Insulin pump management
- Management of diabetes during pregnancy
(Pre-existing type 1 or type 2 diabetes)
Diabetes Support Groups
Diabetes Information Group in Loveland
Group offers free education and sharing for the patient and family. Meets 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of January, March, May and November at McKee Medical Center.
Call to get on the mailing list for topics: (970) 622-1950. No appointment necessary.
Diabetes Information Group in Greeley
Group offers free education and sharing for the patient and family. Meets the second Tuesday every month at North Colorado Medical Center.
Call to get on the mailing list for topics: (970) 392-2344. No appointment necessary.