Our state-of-the-art digital mammography will make you feel more confident about your breast health. Our Breast Center at Summit View
Medical Commons is the first health care provider in northern Colorado to offer this.
With this, you can have less radiation exposure, shorter exam times and enhanced image clarity resulting in up to 28 percent more breast cancer being detected.
Early detection is the best way to protect yourself from breast cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends an annual mammogram for every woman 40 and over.
There are a variety of reasons to choose digital mammography:
- Digital pictures have greater picture clarity at the chest wall and the nipple line which is the second most common area to develop breast cancer.
- Digital mammograms are compatible with the R2 computer second-read ability
- The technologist does not have to leave the room to develop the film, eliminating wait time
- The picture is visualized in seconds
- The picture is reviewed on a high-resolution monitor
- The radiologist can enhance the picture by adjusting the brightness, contrast and zooming in on specific areas of interest
- Digital mammograms give a clearer picture, there are less women called back for additional pictures
Full-field digital mammography captures the picture digitally and is not a digitized image of the old analog picture. It is a digital picture much
like your digital camera at home and allows the image to be visualized within seconds, decreasing your wait time during the appointment.
In a study of more than 40,000 women, digital mammography was shown to have the most benefit for:
- Women under age 50
- Women of any age with dense breasts
- Pre– or perimenopausal women