Don’t hesitate to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing chest pain. People often wait to call for medical assistance, which delays life-saving treatment.
The CardioVascular Institute of North Colorado works with area emergency services providers to offer a Cardiac Alert or STEMI service that allows patients experiencing a heart attack to get the quality care they need in the shortest time possible.
It is important to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pain, pressure, squeezing, fullness or heaviness
- Located in the center of the chest
- Lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Discomfort or pain felt in other areas of the upper body
- One or both arms, the upper back, between the shoulder blades, in the neck, or jaw
- May have a feeling of fullness in the stomach
- Shortness of breath; trouble breathing
- Can take place with or without chest discomfort
- Other symptoms
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, dizziness, unusual tiredness and/or pale skin
North Colorado Medical Center provides comprehensive diagnostic studies, including stress testing, echocardiography and calcium scoring CT. Call 970-350-6162 to find out more about these heart tests.
Do you have questions about your treatment or any of the heart care services offered at North Colorado Medical Center? Email us or call us at 970-350-6162 or 877-455-5888.
To find out more about upcoming heart events and seminars, visit the events page.