Do's and Don'ts of Stress Testing
Please note the following Do's and Don'ts for your stress test:
- Do wear comfortable clothing. We recommend a loose two piece outfit.
- Do wear appropriate shoes for exercising.
- Do call your doctor's office or the hsopital with any questions.
- Do consult your physician if you are diabetic. You may have special instructions.
- Do drink plenty of water.
- Don't eat anything four hours prior to your test.
- Don't consume caffeine or decaffeinated food or drinks 24-hours prior to test.
- Don't take any beta blockers 24 hours prior to your test unless otherwise instructed by your physician. Please refer to the medications list.