Summit View Medical Commons Laboratory Services
Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to noon
The lab personnel are responsible for performing the following diagnostic tests:
- Blood Draws - All ages, including pediatric and neonatal patients
- EKG - All ages, including pediatric and neonatal patients
- Strep Screens/Throat Cultures
- Glucose Tolerance Tests
- Gestational Screens
- Newborn Screens - PKU test and supplemental screening
- Giving out specimen collection containers (also a drop-off site for specimen collections)
- Bleeding Time
- If your test requires you to fast, DO NOT eat or drink anything for a minimum of 12 hours prior to the test. Fasting means only water -- no juice, coffee, nicotine or chewing gum.
- Medications are acceptable unless otherwise specified by your physician
- Tests that are not run at the Summit View specimen lab are sent to the NCMC lab.
The following list of tests/specimens MUST be performed at or delivered to the lab located at NCMC's main campus:
- Cortisol Stimulation, call (970) 350-6100
- Sweat Chloride, call (970) 350-6412
- Semen Analysis
If you have any questions regarding your test(s) prior to coming in, please call us at (970) 395-2589 (Summit View Lab) or (970) 350-6400 (Main Lab Customer Service).