Tactical EMS Team
Weld County Paramedic Services (WCPS), in cooperation with the Greeley Police Department Special Weapons and Tactical (SWAT) team operate a Tactical Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) team. The goal is to protect the citizens and operators of Weld County and provide the highest level of care and prevention assessment for all parties involved in a tactical situation.
- Protection of civilian and police agencies in situations similar in nature to those at Columbine High School
- Limiting exposure of fellow employees to hostile/unsafe situations thus diminishing the chances of injury and lost work time
- Limiting the amount of unit hours of on duty crews at stand by situations.
- Utilizing the TEMS team for in house teaching for related topics thus decreasing the cost of outside instructors
- Taking a proactive stance in training as opposed to a reactive stance.
TEMS currenlty operates with a team of six paramedics and must meet the required 10 hours of training per month.