Field Instructor Program
All new employees must participate in the Field Instructor Program. The program is an effort to provide new employees with an in-depth orientation to the operational and medical procedures and protocols utilized in the delivery of pre–hospital care in the Banner Health / NCMC Paramedic Service area.
The Field Instructor Program consists of two components:
To provide the new or transitional employee with a clear perspective of his/her roles and responsibilities at Banner Health / NCMC Paramedic Services.
- To provide and ensure a quality standard of care.
- To provide a consistent and thorough understanding of the protocols.
- To provide a consistent and thorough understanding of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- To emphasize judgment and individuality.
- To emphasize effective communication at all levels.
- To provide a comfortable and supportive work environment.
- To provide a smooth and comfortable transition into WCPS.
- To serve as mentors to new employees.
- To provide the new employee with a resource throughout their career.
All information that is developed and discussed within the scope of the Field Instructor Program is kept confidential and will only be available to the field instructors and the management staff.