Pulmonary Rehab is tailored to meet your individual needs. Through a variety of conditioning exercises, activities, and lesson, you can learn to:
- Increase your activity
- Gain control and confidence
- Find out what you can do safely
- Learn when, where or if you need to wear oxygen
- Improve the quality of your life
We can help you retrain your breathing, teach you to pace and monitor oxygen levels and answer your questions about how to live with a breathing problem.
Supervised, individualized activities and instruction get you moving and keep you going. Condition and strengthen yourself at your own pace, at your own level of ability.
Each session includes practical information and practice such as:
- Triggers that make you short of breath and/or cause your oxygen level to be low (less than 92 percent)
- Techniques to decrease and improve shortness of breath
- Pacing to decrease fatigue and tiredness
- Oxygen Monitoring — We answer your questions:
Do you need oxygen? How much do you need? How often? With what activities?
- Travel and leisure activities—with or without oxygen
- Managing your medications and equipment
- Suggestions and troubleshooting on how to avoid infection, sleep, eat, work and feel better.
Pulmonary Rehab requires a physician referral and records from your doctor including results of breathing tests within the last year.
The program may be covered in part or completely by your insurance company.
Pulmonary Rehab takes place at
Monday, Wednesday & Friday