Learn more about the outreach clinics and programs of North Colorado Medical Center serving the Greeley, Colo. community.
Outpatient Regional Rehab Clinic:
NCMC Pediatric Rehab and a Pediatric Physiatrist from The Children’s Hospital of Denver partner four to eight times a year to provide a local specialized clinic for the residents of Greeley and northern Colorado. In addition to providing a relationship with The Children’s Hospital locally, this program prevents hardship on the child and families of those needing specialty care in Denver.
Developmental and Evaluation Clinic – Regional Evaluation Clinic:
NCMC Pediatric Rehab partners with the Colorado Department of Public Health to assure children receive proper diagnoses in Weld, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgewick, Washington and Yuma Counties. In addition, NCMC provides the partnership with Psychological Services Center at Colorado State University and leading physicians in northern Colorado. This program prevents hardship on the child and families of those needing specialty care in Denver.
Pediatric therapists at NCMC have developed sessions every summer to allow children with special needs to access recreational opportunities similar to their peers.
- This program has partnered with local agencies so experiences for the children can continue throughout the year. This is based on “guidance of adaptations from therapists lead to confidence of continuing.” Partnerships include karate, yoga, ice skating, and gymnastics centers. This program is provided by grants with the NCMC Foundation and United Way contributions.
Pediatric Rehab Community Education with Local Partners
- Serve as a resource for education, through Aims Community College, of community daycare providers and preschools working with children of special needs
- Provide education sessions at Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) and support groups to increase awareness of the special needs of some children and increase awareness of pediatric rehabilitation services at NCMC
- Serve on the board of Weld Interagency Coordinating Council that is mandated by the State of Colorado to provide recommendations on the development and implementation of policies that impact early intervention systems in the state
High School Outreach:
North Colorado Sports medicine is contracted to provide athletic training services to three high schools for Greeley School District #6 (Greeley Central, Greeley West and Northridge High Schools). As part of this partnership we provide the following:
- Coordinate physician coverage for football games at District #6 Stadium as well as coverage for major tournaments or other sporting events as requested.
- Placement of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) at all three schools and one unit at District #6 stadium complex (where all football, soccer and track events are held).
- A lightning detection system was placed at the stadium complex.
- Provide services to the high schools to comply with mandatory requirements for wrestling weight certifications.
- Services provided to schools and coaches to help with the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of sports related injuries as well as work on performance enhancement.
University of Northern Colorado:
North Colorado Sports medicine is the primary partner in the provision of sports medicine services for intercollegiate athletes at the University of Northern Colorado.
- The medical director of sports medicine is the lead team physician for UNC and assists with the coordination of care and overall services provided to UNC athletes.
- Coordination of physician coverage to assure on-site physicians at all home contests for a variety of sports.
- Assist with the education of athletic training students